Feb 7, 2013

South African Barber Busted By NDLEA

NDLEA, South African Barber,
Staffs of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), atached to Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, have busted a Nigerian barber,45-year-old suspect, Ozoh Chukwuemeka living in South Africa with 6.100 kilogrammes of powdery substance which tested positive to cocaine.
The NDLEA  Airport commander,  Mr Hamza Umar, said the discovery was made during the clearance of Arik Air passengers to South Africa.
A  statement signed by the spokesman of the NDLEA, Mr Mitchel Ofoyeju, a copy of which was made available to the Nigerian Tribune, on  Wednesday, stated  that  the drug had an estimated street value of N50 million

However, Ozoh Chukwuemeka, who has lived in South Africa for 10 years, was said to have allegedly told narcotic investigators that he was made to believe the bag contained chemicals.
According to Ozoh, “a friend of mine in South Africa requested that I bring a bag containing chemicals from Nigeria to South Africa for 3,000 dollars. I asked him if it was drug, but he said it was just chemicals.
“He paid for my return ticket and came to Nigeria. I am only struggling to take care of myself with my barbing business. If I had known that things will turn out this way I would have rejected the proposal. I have a daughter, but I am separated from my wife.”
Meanwhile, chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, did not buy the explanation.
“In any case, ignorance is not an excuse and he will soon be arraigned under the NDLEA Act,” he stated.

2 comments:

  1. Addiction brought by personal problems. I guess this needs an effective sober companion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete